Monday, January 6, 2014

thank you, 2013.

I'm a little late to the game with a look back on 2013, but better late than never I suppose. 
When I think about 2013, I will remember: 
A never ending winter
that we tried to make the best of. 
I'll remember being constantly surrounded by the best group of friends. 
I'll remember a week spent in Guatemala
full of surprises and new insights and time to reflect. 
I'll remember festive events, fun times 
and bittersweet moments. 
I'll remember taking a moment to appreciate the accomplishments of the past four years
and celebrating and saying goodbye and trying so hard to move on gracefully. 
I'll remember the sense of wonder I felt in Barcelona
and the freedom I felt in Paris. 
I'll remember seeing Trampled by Turtled in London
and some of the happiest days of the year on the Isle of Skye. 
I'll remember nostalgia-filled moments in Spiddal and Galway, Ireland 
and the adventure-filled days with new friends in Camp. 
I'll remember the care-free days of summer at home
and spontaneous moments like last-minute concert road trips.
I'll remember 10 days spent at the cabin
and the best meal of 2013 on a perfect summer night in Grand Marais. 
I'll remember a fall day trip back to campus
and settling into a new home, a new job, and a new city. 
I'll remember gatherings with friends
and visiting Nashville for Thanksgiving. 
I'll remember having time to properly celebrate the season for the first time in years, and to look back in amazement at all that can happen and all that can change in just one year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment