Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 highlights.

I have to admit I was skeptical going into 2012. It seemed as if things had just been getting better and better, with 2011 being probably the best year of my life. I really didn't think 2012 could top it...and in a lot of ways it didn't. There was less adventure, a little more stress, and it seemed like more so than any year before, some terrible things happened to good people I know. Putting together this round-up of photos showed me, though, that 2012 was still pretty incredible. I can happily say my expectations were exceeded. Here are some of the highlights...
a relaxing cabin weekend in January with good friends 
a last minute getaway to the north shore before the 2nd semester of my junior year started
moving into an apartment with these two crazy girls
taking classes that I really enjoyed
beginning piano lessons again after a 5+ year break
a trip to Utah in March to engage in some awesome service projects
an incredible Needtobreathe concert
celebrating many 21st birthdays
including my own in May
kicking off June by moving into the house where I would spend the summer and senior year
my first wonderful visit to the new family cabin and the start of hopefully many years of memories there
celebrating my brother's high school graduation with the ceremony at the St. Paul Cathedral and a pretty awesome party later that weekend
summer nights in St. Joe with new and old friends
visits with the girls during weekends home 
a relaxing, sunny, happy July 4th up north
two magical nights of great music, seeing the Lumineers, the Head and the Heart, the Avett Bros, Imagine Dragons, and others perform at the Basilica Block Party
one of the sweetest, best days ever watching my cousin get married and celebrating accordingly
a pretty perfect summer evening at Erin's house
feeling like a child on Christmas morning times 10 seeing Coldplay perform in August
beginning senior year and enjoying the sunny days of early fall
seeing my brother play in his first Johnnie-Tommy rivalry football game, even if for the "wrong" team...

a trip up north with Erin and Court in October to show them my favorite places
the most beautiful fall I have experienced on campus yet
a wonderful night with family celebrating another fabulous wedding
a silly, memorable halloween week
a beautiful "friendsgiving" meal with the roommates and neighbors
a snowy December in St. Joe
a laughter-filled Christmas at home
a calm end to 2012 and the chance to look forward to what I have a feeling will be a HUGE 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment