Wednesday, July 25, 2012

photo canvas project.

I've been looking for ways to fill the walls of my new room with some artwork, and came upon this tutorial that inspired me to make a photo/canvas/paint collage. It was super easy and I love how it turned out. 
I ordered prints of instagram photos I had taken (and one taken by a friend) through Persnickety Prints. The print quality is really nice and I like the thicker weight of the paper. Then I just adhered all of the photos onto a canvas using Mod Podge. It took a little time to get all of the edges to stick down, but the photos have stayed in place now that they're dry. The next day, I decided to add some text on top, so I painted "I love right now" in gold acrylic paint on top of the photos. 
And that's it! Super simple. It's already hanging up and I love the daily reminder of loving the current moment, which is something I need as someone who tends to be sentimental about the past and overly excited about the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment