Sunday, February 5, 2012

chevron wall art project

The area above the couch in our living room was in desperate need of some wall art. I looked at some prints and posters online, but in the end decided to do it myself! It was a very simple project and I'm happy with how it turned out. 
Materials:
3 16x20 white canvases (bought a 5-pack at Michael's for $11 using a coupon)
blue painters tape
acrylic paint 
sponge brushes
I began by taping the pattern I wanted to appear in white. This part took the longest and was the most difficult part. I didn't have a very specific method, I just taped one the way I wanted it and then tried to match up the tape on the other canvases. 
Next I painted two coats of paint over the entire canvas. 
When the paint was dry, I carefully removed the tape and that was that! Super easy. 
It's hard to tell in these photos, but the far left canvas is a nice grey color. Also, after they were hung on the wall I realized the right-most canvas was actually upside down to how it wanted it, so I switched it around.
Inspired by this idea, I coated one of the extra canvases in white paint and painted a quote I like on it. This is now leaning against the wall above my dresser and I like having it in a prominent place so I see it often. 

No comments:

Post a Comment